NOTOCORD is a leading software publisher specializing in data acquisition, analysis and report generation for experimental drug research.
NOTOCORD designs and markets software to help pharmaceutical research to better characterize the effects of a new drug during the phases of research before testing on humans. By developing its own algorithms for physiological signal analysis, NOTOCORD contributes to a better understanding of the effects of new molecules on vital organs. Thousands of installations in the largest pharmaceutical research centers around the world have been carried out to date.
In order to increase our presence in the pharmaceutical laboratories, public and private, in North America and Canada, we are looking for an Application Specialist/Sales Engineer.
Essential job duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the executive management, your main tasks will be to:
- Detect and create new business opportunities on existing accounts, and become their preferred contact
- Generate new business (open new accounts, from lead generation to closure)
- Demonstrate company products, propose solutions, negotiate commercial offers, perform installations and train customers
- Work as a first line of technical support and customer care to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Understand and participate in all stages of new product launch: involvement in the technical development, communication, marketing, sales strategy
- Prepare and participate in scientific conventions, conferences and trade shows, post-event reports, including analysis and recommendations
- Generate regular sales reports, including activity reporting and sales forecasts
- Follow-up and assist distributors and partners
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in biomedical engineering, biological science or related medical/scientific field experience considered
Additional Degree or training in Sales & Marketing in the Pharmaceutical research arena desirable:
- Efficacy/Safety/Tox with cardiovascular or CNS measurements
- Stem cells electrophysiology measurements
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in our market, even for someone who has a scientific experience in preclinical pharma research wishing to move towards sales
- Excellent professional English, written, oral and preferably good scientific English. French a plus.
- Rigorous, organized, pragmatic, resourceful, persistent, autonomous, excellent sense of contact whatever hierarchical levels, sales and customer service oriented, good presentation and ease of expression
- Team spirit, comfortable to work in a small structure, able to trace future developments-useful information
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and knowledge of MS CRM-Dynamics is a plus
- Available for national and international professional travel (up to 50% of the time)
- Ability to work independently from a home office environment
After a period of training at the French Headquarters and possibly other US locations, you will work from a home office. Ideal location would be in the area between Maryland and Connecticut or on the west coast, with other locations to be considered.
- Salary according to skills and experience (Base + Bonus + Commissions)
- We provide all necessary tools, including fixed and mobile phone, high-speed internet access and cover all travel related expenses
- This is a full time position and available immediately
Send Resume and cover letter in either Word or PDF format to srus0914[at]notocord[dot]com